Let us help you plan the best
vacation in Spain, France,
Italy, Greece, and Turkey!
Need help or more info?
you like by email or phone if you
have any questions, wishes, or
comments concerning your trip
to St. Petersburg.
What our clients say
Hanseatic Treasures: Full Day Experience of Warnemünde and Rostock
16 person max | 7 hrs. with guide | Includes snack | Active (Walking Tour)
Stay local-Meet a local and discover enchanting Warnemünde plus the heart of nearby Rostock. This leisurely walking tour includes lunch with beer or wine and you stay close to the port and experience Germany up close and personal. Enjoy the former fishing village of Warnemünde and the powerful medieval Hanseatic city of Rostock. Today a beautiful area yet shaped through Baltic Sea crusades, raids, land and trade disputes as well as cold war borderline hostilities and German division.
Warnemünde is a quaint seaside town near the harbor entrance to Rostock, one of the city-states of the medieval Hanseatic League. Once a fishing village, it has now become a Northern European destination for travelers and locals alike. On this walking tour, you will begin at the pier and proceed down the beach promenade, visit the fish market and get great views of the historic gabled houses and the Old Stream boulevard.
A short train ride away, your guided tour will include the town hall, the city's main boulevards, and Rostock University, one of the oldest universities in the world (founded in 1419). You will see the Convent of the Holy Cross, as well as the remnants of the medieval wall and gates that used to defend the city. There will be inside visits to St. Marien Church (St Mary´s church), which is home to the famous astronomical clock and baroque organ.
On your lunch break you will taste a hearty German specialty and have the option to order one of Germany's world-famous beers.
(flat-rate max. group size 16)
Tour price includes the following services:
- Local English-speaking expert guide for 7 hours
- All transportation for the day (German S-Bahn train to get to the nearby city of Rostock)
- Admission to St. Marien Church
- Authentic German lunch with German beer, wine or soft drink
- This is a walking tour which uses the modern public transportation trains between Rostock and Warnemünde
- The pace of the tour is leisurely, but will include a lot of walking and standing. Not suitable for those with limited mobility.
- Comfortable walking shoes highly recommended!